Wee Bit o' Green

On the day that people everywhere
seem to become Irish for a wee bit,
I'm showcasing green.



You'll find another bit of Irish color HERE.


And here's my recipe for Irish Soda Bread,
just in case you're in the mood to bake.

Irish Soda Bread
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time -- 30 - 60 minutes, depending on loaf pan size

INGREDIENTS
4 cups all-purpose organic flour
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt

3 large eggs
1 pint sour cream

Optional: 1 cup of raisins for raisin lovers.

DIRECTIONS
Preheat over to 325 degrees F (165 C). 
Grease two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans or four mini loaf pans (5 x 3 3/4 inches). 
A squirt of PAM also works.

Mix all dry ingredients. Stir in eggs and sour cream 
(plus raisins, if you so choose); mix just until all ingredients are combined.

Divide batter evenly between the loaf pans.

If using mini loaf pans, back at 325 F/165 C 
for approximately 30 minutes; check for doneness. 
The loaf should be lightly brown and somewhat firm to the touch. 
You may need to bake for an additional 5 - 10 minutes, 
but keep an eye on it to make sure you're not over-cooking.

If using 8 x 4 inch loaf pans, bake at 325 F/165 C for about 1 hour.

I never put in the raisins (yuck!)
but I love its slightly sweet taste.





Comments

Unknown said…
I adore your photo montage... And will print out the soda bread recipe. However, I will add the raisins. You yuck is my yum!
GlorV1 said…
What a great montage. Everything goes together well. I love the sound of that soda bread. I bet it's delish. Thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You