i found this at emma tree



i found this at Emma Tree,
and she found it at Julochka's,
and  
 I thought I had something to say
along the same lines,  

So. . . .



if i were a month i’d be september the month of my birth,
 september in all her splendor,
going out in a blaze of glory





if i were a day i’d be
the last day of school,
with summer spread out before me
like frosting on a cupcake.

if i were a time of day i’d be 
the moment the first star appears,
that instant when you wish
 something you want to come true





if i were a font i’d be Mariah
 or maybe Mistral, 


though you really can't tell
the difference between them.




if i were a sea animal i’d be a seahorse
because my husband would tend the children
while I floated around curling and uncurling
my dainty spiral tail, flirting with every guy 
floating nearby.

Photograph © National Geographic





if i were a direction i’d be the east, 
the place of new beginnings and first light.





if i were a piece of furniture i’d be a canopy bed 
with a delicate frame draped in yards and yards of netting,
a house for afternoon delight
and the hostess for sweet, sweet dreams.




if i were a liquid i’d be a salt-rimmed Margarita
with a dash of Damiana thrown in
 to unleash a woman's passion
and accentuate her sultry ways







if i were a tool i’d be an eggbeater,
stirring things up to a froth of foam

if i were a fruit i’d be a ripe and luscious peach
with soft downy skin to nuzzle up against,
or maybe an Orange with just a hint of 
Cottage Cheese Cellulite Visible on my Thighs.






if i were material i’d be 
soft white yarn










if i were a scent i’d be



Pop Corn © 2010 Meri Arnett-Kremian


if i were a bird i’d be
a sleek ballet dancer
performing on windswept beaches  

Jumping for Joy ©2010 Meri Arnett-Kremian




if i were a poem 
i'd be

"If you want me"
by Ellen Bass
part of which reads


. . . if I cry, if my sorrow is not more dear
than oceans of dolphins in the orange morning waves


if you will not lavish me until my body
like a dying fish, gives up
and I swim as I have flown in my dreams


if you are saving something
if you have not
made up your mind
do not come to me. . . .

Yes, I'd definitely be THAT poem


* * * * * * * * * * * 


Like Debi Smith Kaitch Jones says:
c'mon, play along.
see what you find when you ask what you'd be.
and ignore any comments
saying "you are so self-absorbed."
or say yes, i am,
welcome.
come on in.

they will


Comments

You are SO self-AWARE. :=)

Fun stuff - loved the part of the poem you posted!
Sheila said…
I enjoyed reading the poem - perhaps I'll try it too... Your photos are lovely!
Noelle said…
This just made my day. I just loved it and shared it with my buzz group in gmail. It is so beautiful and imaginative. I love the photographs. I adore the poem too. Thank you so much. I read your blog and life seems lighter and more brilliant. You share so much beauty.
Noelle said…
This just made my day. I just loved it and shared it with my buzz group in gmail. It is so beautiful and imaginative. I love the photographs. I adore the poem too. Thank you so much. I read your blog and life seems lighter and more brilliant. You share so much beauty.
rebecca said…
finally! the perfect description to be using in those online dating
profiles.

damn girl you do know how to stir the pot!

xoxoxoxoxoxxo,
rebecca
HeartFire said…
Meri, what a lovely posting of words and photos, thank you! Are you still in Italy? I must hear about it...!
Delorse
rebecca said…
i am posting true confessions today.
some
like
it
HOT!!!
Elisabeth said…
This s simply wonderful, Meri. I'd love to give it a try, but I'm snowed under at the moment.

Still you have done a brilliant job here. Your images are evocative and full of life. Thanks.
Bee said…
I especially loved the day example . . . maybe because it is a beautifully sunny day here and my oldest daughter just finished her exams. Is there any better feeling? Any day that holds more pleasurable promise?

Your pictures are SUPERB.
gorgeous

words

images

and

color

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You